5/29/2021 0 Comments
Interview with Katya Walch
4. What’s your process like - start to finish - in ten words?
I see something, I’m inspired, and do it my way.
5. What medium do you not resonate with at all?
Painting. I just don’t get it but I’m amazed at those who paint!
6. What are your top favorite pieces from another artist(s)?
I just love Monet’s water lilies.
7. What is your favorite compliment given to you about your work?
That I inherently have an eye for design and detail! And it’s something that’s difficult to teach so to kind of be able to start off having that means there’s only up from here! And I guess it’s why when I was a kid I could easily pick up any new creative skill. I tell people I am a self-taught photographer and they are always surprised.
8. What is your favorite word that you rarely get to use?
9. What is your least favorite animal?
10. What do you want on your gravestone?
I want to be cremated and be part of the soil of a planted tree. So a tree I guess.
11. What top three things keep you up at night?
Capitalism, injustice, and the Game of Thrones ending.
12. You’ve been placed under witness protection program, but you get to make up your new identity. What’s your new name, occupation, and hobby?
My name would be Jamie, I would be a sheep herder in New Zealand, and my hobby would be bread baking.
13. What’s your least favorite color?
At the moment, I’m just really not vibing with purple.
14. Congratulations, you just adopted a tortoise! What are you going to name it?
15. If you could read the diary of one person, who would it be?
16. You visit a medium and a spirit responds. Who do you think will contact you first?
I’m kind of hoping it’s my great great aunt from my birth family in Russia. I have some questions for her.
Leave a Reply.
The Contrarium Team
This blog is run by Maya Jacobson and Shana Azani, but you'll be seeing posts from our whole team!