5/1/2021 0 Comments
Interview with Brittny Abad
From paper to skin, Brittny Abad uses space, color, and lines to create beautiful and thought-provoking pieces. Hot tip: you’re going to want to pause and take it all in. Check out the full interview with Brittny by clicking "read more" below and follow Brittny on her Instagram. A note: some images may be NSFW.
1. Elevator pitch?
Do you like romance and sexual liberation and freedom? Want to see some art about it?
2. What is your favorite piece you’ve created to-date?
3. Where do you draw inspiration from?
Mainly life — if it’s not my personal experience, it’s experiences I hear about in conversation or art inspired by my friends. Especially as someone who transitioned into doing sex work (Only Fans), I support a lot of artists and creators that do the same and I think we all share inspiration back and forth.
4. What’s your process like - start to finish - in ten words?
“I really like that thing, I’m going to draw that.”
5. What medium do you not resonate with at all?
I love looking at it but I’m just not at all into fabric art/cross stitching. It‘s one of the mediums that is extra time consuming and less rewarding, and I personally don’t have the patience or self discipline for that.
6. What are your top favorite pieces from another artist(s)?
This is by lamalafede in Italy and is by far one of my favorite tattoos (and tattoo artists) on the planet.
7. What is your favorite compliment given to you about your work?
When people tell me I captured a FEELING in my art — that’s what really makes me feel good and connected to people and to the world; not just in my drawings but my Only Fans content as well — creating erotica that also can be romantic and loving and special as well.
8. What is your favorite word that you rarely get to use?
I don’t have one I rarely get to use but I love the word charcuterie. It just sounds cool.
9. What is your least favorite animal?
IDK, bison are kind of boring.
10. What do you want on your gravestone?
“good luck everybody”
11. What top three things keep you up at night?
Tax season, the thought of ghosts, my cats.
12. You’ve been placed under witness protection program, but you get to make up your new identity. What’s your new name, occupation, and hobby?
I wouldn’t have a legal name; I’d own a small farm in the mountains with cute goats and live off the land.
13. What’s your least favorite color?
14. Congratulations, you just adopted a tortoise! What are you going to name it?
Marcel with the shell.
15. If you could read the diary of one person, who would it be?
16. You visit a medium and a spirit responds. Who do you think will contact you first?
My old friend from high school.
Leave a Reply.
The Contrarium Team
This blog is run by Maya Jacobson and Shana Azani, but you'll be seeing posts from our whole team!